Australian Women Honored at Business Awards in New York
World’s Top Honors for Women Entrepreneurs, Executives, Employees and the Organizations They Run Were Presented in New York Before More than 400 Accomplished Women From Around the World
Shining a spotlight on women executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations run by women, the Stevie® Awards for Women in Business announced the results of its 12th annual competition on Friday, November 13.
World’s Premier Business Award
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business is an international competition produced by the creators of the prestigious International Business Awards and American Business Awards. The Stevie is widely considered to be the world’s premier business award.
Gold Stevie Award Winners
Just for Pets Pty Ltd of Byron Bay, NSW was a top winner of the evening, taking home two Gold Stevie Awards. They received two Gold Stevies: Best New Product or Service of the Year – Consumer Services and Karen Justice won Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Services.
Other Gold Stevie Award winners include:
- Karrikins Group of North Sydney, NSW who won a Gold Stevie for Fastest Growing Company of the Year.
- Mamamia.com.au Pty Ltd of Surry Hills, NSW won Women-Run Workplace of the Year.
- Virtual Legal Pty Ltd of Brisbane, QLD won a Gold Stevie for Startup of the Year – Consumer Services Industries while Rebekah Hurworth, Director of Your Architect, Brisbane, QLD won the Female Entrepreneur of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand Gold Stevie Award.
- Shar Moore of YWoman took home the Stevie for Women Helping Women – Business.
Other notable Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners include:
- Sandra Gillanders, CEO, Hy-Performance Fluid Power Pty Ltd, Bribane, QLD, Australia, Lifetime Achievement – Business
- Akshaya Borkar, Co-Founder, The Art and Craft Gallery, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- Jade Green, Managing Director, Velocity Consulting Pty Ltd, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Women-Run Workplace of the Year
- Gen George, Founder & MD, OneShift, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Products
- Dr Amantha Imber, Founder and Head Inventiologist, Inventium, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Business Services
- Danielle Di-Masi, The Digital Communicator, Innovator of the Year
- Lindy Chen, Founder, China Direct Sourcing, West End, QLD Australia, Female Executive of the Year in Asia, Australia or New Zealand
Various Nominees and Judges
More than 1,300 nominations from organizations and individuals in 26 nations were submitted to the awards this year for consideration in categories including Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Most Innovative Company of the Year, and Startup of the Year, among others.
More than 160 professionals around the world participated in the judging process to determine the Finalists and then the Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award placements.
About the Stevie Awards
The Stevie Awards are conferred in six programs: The American Business Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, and the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards.
Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com, and follow the Stevie Awards on Twitter @TheStevieAwards.